WHAT IS SHATAVARI?
Shatavari, or Asparagus racemusos, translates into “she who possesses 100 husbands,” referring to the herbs rejuvenative effect upon the female reproductive organs. Revered for centuries as a premiere Ayurvedic herb, shatavari grows wild in low jungle regions of India. It has traditionally been one of the most effective herbs for the reproductive health and vitality of women. Shatavari not only benefits the young, but also pre- and post-menopausal women to gracefully support the transition through the natural phases of life.
Shatawari has different names in the different Indian languages, such as shatuli, vrishya and other terms. In Nepal it is called kurilo. The name “shatawari” means “curer of a hundred diseases”
BENEFITS OF SHATAVARI
The nourishing properties of Shatavari are used traditionally to support a number of systems and functions in the body.
As a reproductive tonic, Shatavari is relied on heavily for all stages of a woman’s reproductive cycle, beginning with the menses, supporting the female system through menses, ovulation and fertility, uterine strength during pregnancy, childbirth and lactation, hot flashes, irritability, irregular memory and dryness during menopause. The benefits extend to the male reproductive system as well. It increases all the reproductive fluids, supporting a healthy sperm count and regularity in men. As a digestive aid, it coats and soothes the mucus membranes with its unctuous and sweet qualities, making this herb ideal for supporting the natural balancing of acidic digestion. It also promotes a healthy inflammatory response in the intestines. A similar effect has been observed in the lungs as it restores moisture to a dry and over-heated respiratory tract. Shatavari builds fluid in the body that governs vitality, virility, immunity and sleep. Useful in nourishing and calming the nerves, nourishing the brain and helping to support the brain and the body in regaining balance from disorders like spasms, pain, and insomnia.
* Prevents PMS symptoms and releases extra water weight during period.
* Balances hormones and other menstrual irregularities.
* Boosts sexual energy and strength. Increases libido for men and women.
* Revitalizing and lubricates.
* Moisturizes ovum and the vagina while balancing vaginal PH level.
* Increases breast milk production.
* Prevents threatened miscarriage.
* Increases fertility rate by nourishing the ovum.
* Supports the immune system.
* Natural antioxidant properties.
* Protective to breast cancer.
* Helps the body adapt to various stresses and improves mood.
* Prevents menopausal symptoms. ( ie: Hot flashes, body pains and mood swings )
* Helps in relieving sexual impotence for men.
* Relieves mood swings.
* Promotes clearer skin while balancing the hormones.
* Useful for hyperacidity, stomach ulcers, dysentery, and bronchial infections.
* Alleviates muscle and joint pains and other stress causing pains.
* Soothes digestive tract.
* Moisturizes respiratory tract.
"Shatavari helped me with my PMS. I don’t experience any symptoms anymore together with my migraine. Highly recommended talaga." - Nhing Apostol
Shatavari nourishes the body and mind, builds immunity, and promotes longevity. Its use can actually prevent deterioration and the aging process of cells, tissues and organs. This plant is a good source of zinc and calcium minerals and it also provides B-complex vitamins. Its estrogens do not produce negative side effects and will promote an balanced life, which is why it is often called “The Queen of Herbs”.
Wildleaf's Shatavari is USDA certified organic.
To purchase and to read more reviews click HERE.