If your budget doesn’t allow regular facials, you can have a good at-home option instead. This home-made mask recipe is great for clearing up stress-induced breakout and getting the skin back to normal.
- Clay: You can use Wildleaf Healing Clay Mask for external uses like facials. The clay is good at firming and detoxing the skin. It is also great for detoxing the hair and restoring natural volume and shine.
- Honey: Honey is naturally soothing and cleansing. You can use honey alone to cleanse the face with great results. Raw honey is naturally antibacterial and is great for skin healing. It also adds a smooth and silky texture to the mask.
- Herbs and Essential Oils: You can add some chamomile or calendula flower in the blender to make a fine powder and add to the clay before mixing with the honey and water to add some extra skin nourishment. You can also add a couple of drops of lavender essential oil for scent and skin health.
Mud Mask Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon of wildleaf clay
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of water (or more if needed)
- 1/2 tsp of powdered calendula and chamomile flowers (optional)
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
Mud Mask Instructions
- Mix the clay with the powdered herbs (if using) in a small bowl.
- Add honey and mix to form a thick paste.
- Add enough warm water to form a thin paste. Add lavender essential oil (if using).
- Immediately apply to face and neck in a circular motion, avoiding the eyes.
- Leave on 10-15 minutes or until it has hardened.
- Wash off with a (dark colored) wash cloth soaked in hot water (really hot water helps to steam off the mask without having to rub the skin).
- Pat skin dry and enjoy your smooth skin!
For best results apply Vitamin C Serum right after washing off the mask!